SeniorsPlus is an association having the goal of offering a structured, dedicated and tailored support to professionals aged 55 and above. And – in addition – to help them reintegrating back into the work market.
Why does Interview Lab support SeniorsPlus?
The 55 and above represent an incommensurable richness of know-how and social skills. Based on what I have observed in my work, they also provide good evidence of their skills and competences during job interviews.
In fact, among their talents, I have retained some in particular:
- Some specific competences (e.g. risk management, interpersonal relationships, negotiation skills, respect, calm during tough times);
- Strong sense of loyalty toward the organization;
- Good capability and willingness to share value adding knowledge with others in the organisation.
A senior aged 55 or more – who takes on a new professional challenge – can bring a lot to the organization. And will stay for long, minimum 10 years!
. . . How many younger professionals would ensure the same, and stay as long in the same job?
During a job interview, the questions to ask are:
- Which are the needs of the organization and the job?
- Which competences are required?
- What is needed to enhance the level of competences required?
The question is not to know the age of the candidate!
Check this out for common mistakes over 50 do and how to prevent them.